The Jesuits of the Chicago-Detroit Province have identified six apostolic priorities on which they focus in an effort to fulfill their mission on a local level. The six priorities are listed below. For more information about ministries in the Chicago-Detroit Province, visit our List of Ministries & Map of Ministries.
- Evangelization: Evangelize contemporary culture with special emphasis on the needs and aspirations of young adults.
- Collaborative Ministry: Strengthen partnership with lay colleagues, especially in leadership roles.
- Ignatian Character of Our Schools: Assure the Ignatian heritage, Catholic identity, and Jesuit mission of our high schools and universities.
- Intellectual Apostolate: Contribute to the intellectual mission of the Church, especially by scholarship, research, and writing.
- Solidarity with the Poor: Choose to be with the poor in lifestyle and for the poor in mission, locally and globally.
- Spiritual Exercises: Make widely available the opportunity to experience the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola.